Gilfach Wen Barn is a large holiday let with 7 family size bedrooms. Designed to provide comfortable accommodation for extended families or groups of friends near Brechfa Forest. The property makes an ideal base for large sociable groups who wish to explore all of South West Wales, including the Brecon Beacons National Park, Cambrian Mountains, Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Gower, Ceredigion.
The normal advance booking of this property is by a large group of friends or an extended family. Such groups require sole use of the property as a large holiday let, at present the Covid 19 regulations prevent me from accepting bookings from individuals and small groups who are looking for shared accommodation.
This style of property is known as a bunkhouse. – A bunkhouse is a robust holiday cottage, with comfortable furniture and some bedrooms have bunkbeds in them. I initially thought all the bookings would be from groups visiting the area to take part in activity holidays based in the Brechfa Forest area so set up a website www.brechfa-bunkhouse.com focused on those types of stay. However, growing numbers of people are looking for cost effective holiday accommodation which provides a base for exploring South West Wales and this website is designed to provide all the information needed by that type of guests.
To view each room and the layout of the building in detail , with the option of zooming in on features in each room please watch the virtual tour. This is a video tour with extra facilities.
The property contains :-
- 20 ft by 40 ft (6.6m x 13.3m) lounge with log fire as well as under floor heating.
- a modern fully equipped self catering kitchen with 2 cookers
- The dining area is large enough to allow your group to all sit down together.
- There are picnic tables and an undercover barbecue area for parties.
- The seven family size bedrooms contain between them 10 double and 12 single beds.
- There is space for camping if larger groups want to use the bunkhouse as a base.
- Underfloor heating throughout with individual thermostatic controls for each room.
- 4 shower rooms and 4 toilets, one bathroom is equipped for wheel chair users.
- A drying room.
- Large wash down area for bikes, horses and muddy children of all ages.
- Lockable storage for cycles and saddles or other tack and small paddocks available for visiting horses.
- There isn’t another house nearby, and the building is well insulated so if your birthday party goes on into the morning you will not disturb any one.
- Plenty of parking on hard surface.
- Front door keycode lock gives guests 24 hour access and peace of mind. No curfew, no membership required.
- Under cover BBQ area
- The garden has a fire pit with burner and logs are provided.
- The group will be allocated a field to play in.
- Recycling and composting bins are provided.