- NO SMOKING or CANDLES are allowed in the bunkhouse or any other buildings on the farm.
2. NO FIREWORKS on the farm.
3. Dogs are welcome, All dogs to be on a lead at all times when outside the building even when going to and from the car.
There are chickens and farm cats roaming around the farm yard and sheep, pet goats, horses in the fields adjacent to the bunkhouse. Guest’s dogs have killed chickens and farm cats and sheep in the past, and just a dog jumping at the fence or gate could cause a sheep to miscarry. In the interests of fairness and the safety of the animals in my care, there are no exceptions. If a dog is found off its lead it and its owner will be asked to leave immediately.
Visitors with dogs are requested to not leave them alone in the building and to clear up after them in the garden or if taking them for a walk on the property even in the fields. There is a parasite dogs carry which is fatal to sheep which is not covered by standard wormers.
4. It is advisable that the visitor takes out their own holiday insurance cover.
5. Gilfach Wen is a working farm, for their own safety visitors may not wander around the farm or go into the farm buildings without permission.
The sheep at Gilfach Wen are a rare breed which have been trained to come when called. I will be happy to talk to guests about the animals, but ask that visitors do not try to feed any animals at other times.
6. Show respect to other guests. For the benefit of others it is expected that you will keep the place reasonably tidy, wash up and put your own gear away as you go along and clear your own litter into the bins provided. Please leave the kitchen and toilet areas as you would wish to find them and do not disturb bunks other than your own.
7. Upon vacation of the barn, please leave it bunkhouse clean and tidy using the cleaning products provided and inform me of any damage or breakages.
8 Recycling facilities are provided. Guests are expected to recycle where possible and will be provided with one ‘black’ rubbish bag per week for landfill.
Booking use of the barn indicates acceptance of these conditions.